Arnold Schwarzenegger Shares Expert Fitness & Diet Advice
Arnold Schwarzenegger is widely regarded as one of the best bodybuilders in history. With five Mr. Universe and seven Mr. Olympia titles, he revolutionized the sport and helped bring it to the mainstream. No one in recent times has come close to equaling his accomplishments. And at 75 years old, the former champion continues to work out and inspire others to lead healthy lives.
Recently, Schwarzenegger joined forces with social media fitness influencer Joey Swoll to promote positivity at gyms. The two shared their thoughts on the rise in toxic gym culture, and hinted at an extended partnership to make gyms a safe space for everyone.
Schwarzenegger shared his expert workout advice for people looking to start their fitness journey. His advice is simple: begin, and don’t stop until it is a routine. He suggested starting small by going on a 30-minute walk. For those who walk all day but wish to gain more strength, try doing five push-ups and then five squats, and then gradually build up the difficulty.
The bodybuilding legend also shared his diet advice for building lean muscle, suggesting to start by eating more protein. He enjoys omelettes or scrambles with “absolutely every vegetable in them” for lunch, and for breakfast yogurt with granola. As for snacks, almonds or a protein shake, and for dinner vegetable soup with pumpkin oil.
Schwarzenegger has also been vocal about his recent AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit, where he took questions from fans about fitness and maintaining a routine. He encouraged his audience to focus on simple things, and to make sure there is a protein source in every meal. He also suggested that the ‘anabolic window’ is quite a bit longer than 30 minutes, and that one should eat 1-2 hours before their workout or within 3 hours after their workout.
After his successful bodybuilding career, Schwarzenegger found a passion for acting. The Predator (1987), Commando (1985), Conan the Barbarian (1982), and The Terminator (1984) are just a few of the films he appeared in after applying the same discipline he learned as a competitor.
Finally, Schwarzenegger was recently involved in an accident with a cyclist. The initial reports deemed him not to be at fault for the incident, however, an investigation is ongoing.
0. ““I’m Addicted”: A 60-Year-Old Habit That Still Makes Arnold Schwarzenegger Happy“I’m Addicted”: A 60-Year-Old Habit …” EssentiallySports, 13 Feb. 2023, https://www.essentiallysports.com/stories/us-sports-news-im-addicted-a-60-year-old-habit-that-still-makes-arnold-schwarzenegger-happyim-addicted-a-60-year-old-habit-that-still-makes-arnold-schwarzenegger-happy
1. “Arnold Schwarzenegger Inspired “The Hell Out Of” by Bodybuilding Duo Working Out With Backyard Equipment” EssentiallySports, 15 Feb. 2023, https://www.essentiallysports.com/us-sports-news-bodybuilding-news-arnold-schwarzenegger-inspired-the-hell-out-of-by-bodybuilding-duo-working-out-with-backyard-equipment/
2. ““Don’t stop until it is a routine” – Arnold Schwarzenegger has a pro tip for beginner bodybuilders” Sportskeeda, 13 Feb. 2023, https://www.sportskeeda.com/bodybuilding/don-t-stop-routine-arnold-schwarzenegger-pro-tip-beginner-bodybuilders
3. “Arnold Schwarzenegger Shares Healthy Diet Checklist & Best Practices for Recovery – Fitness Volt” Fitness Volt, 15 Feb. 2023, https://fitnessvolt.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-healthy-diet-recovery/
4. “Arnold Schwarzenegger Shared His Fitness Advice for Beginners” Yahoo Life, 9 Feb. 2023, https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/arnold-schwarzenegger-shared-fitness-advice-175300157.html
5. “Arnold Schwarzenegger shares five fitness tips for beginners” The Independent, 9 Feb. 2023, https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/arnold-schwarzenegger-fitness-advice-protein-shake-b2279422.html
6. “Arnold Schwarzenegger’s diet, exercise tips to build muscle” Insider, 8 Feb. 2023, https://www.insider.com/5-tips-for-diet-exercise-to-build-muscle-arnold-schwarzenegger-2023-2
7. “Take It From Arnold: No Need to Guzzle Protein Right After Lifting” InsideHook, 7 Feb. 2023, https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/health-and-fitness/arnold-schwarzenegger-protein-after-lifting
8. “Arnold Schwarzenegger Shares Fitness Tips for Beginners: ‘Don’t Stop Until It’s a Routine’ – Fitness Volt” Fitness Volt, 10 Feb. 2023, https://fitnessvolt.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-fitness-tips-beginners/