Challenge Yourself with this 8-Minute Full-Body Dumbbell Circuit Workout
This full-body dumbbell circuit workout will challenge you to perform six exercises one after the other for three rounds, with two minutes of rest between rounds. The circuit consists of four moves performed for 30 seconds each, with 30 seconds of rest in between. Do two rounds of the circuit for an 8-minute workout. If you’re looking for a longer session, you can aim for three rounds of the five-move circuit, which will take 15 minutes.
To add the session into your weekly routine, you can use it as a quick way to get moving. Or, if you want a longer session, you could try pairing its metabolism-boosting benefits with a strength session like this six-move muscle-building workout.
These exercises will fire up your core and build full-body strength, improve your coordination and balance, and help reduce your risk of developing an injury. If you have extra time, you can incorporate this 5-minute workout as a warm-up or cool-down to any strength training program, such as our fitness editor’s recommended full-body workout. Combining cardiovascular exercises with the most effective stretches for tight hip flexors can reduce the possibility of sustaining an injury.
When using dumbbells, you can come back to this workout and increase the weight you use as your strength improves, progressively overloading your training to build fitness. If you use a dumbbell from our selection of the best adjustable dumbbells, you can start with a lighter weight and build up as you go.
Compound exercises, which target multiple muscles at the same time, are often incorporated into full-body workouts. For example, the alternating snatches in this workout will engage muscles in your upper and lower body, particularly those in your thighs and shoulders.
To get the most out of this workout, pair it with an upper-body strength session or a glutes and hamstrings workout to improve your lower-body strength. And don’t forget to warm-up – take ten minutes to try these yoga stretches to loosen out stiff muscles. And, if you fancy taking on another dumbbell workout the next day, we recommend trying this dumbbell cardio session.
0. “This four-move, no-equipment ab workout builds core strength in less than seven minutes” Fit and Well, 3 Feb. 2023, https://www.fitandwell.com/news/this-four-move-no-equipment-ab-workout-builds-core-strength-in-less-than-seven-minutes
1. “Try this five move workout with five easier modifications to suit all comers” Fit and Well, 14 Feb. 2023, https://www.fitandwell.com/news/try-this-five-move-workout-with-five-easier-modifications-to-suit-all-comers
2. “Hit 1000 steps and boost your metabolism now with this 5-minute workout — no equipment needed” Tom’s Guide, 16 Feb. 2023, https://www.tomsguide.com/news/hit-1000-steps-and-boost-your-metabolism-now-with-this-5-minute-workout-no-equipment-needed
3. “Strengthen your core and boost your metabolism without equipment in less than 30 minutes — here’s how” Fit and Well, 11 Feb. 2023, https://www.fitandwell.com/news/strengthen-your-core-and-boost-your-metabolism-without-equipment-in-less-than-30-minutes-heres-how
4. “It only takes eight moves, 30 minutes, and two dumbbells to develop muscle all over” msnNOW, 12 Feb. 2023, https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/fitness/it-only-takes-eight-moves-30-minutes-and-two-dumbbells-to-develop-muscle-all-over/ar-AA17o8DL?li=BBnba9O
5. “Upper Body Dumbbell Workout: 6 Exercises for a Strong Upper Half” Runner’s World, 11 Feb. 2023, https://www.runnersworld.com/training/a42804029/upper-body-dumbbell-workout
6. “Boost your metabolism and build a stronger body with this six-move workout” Fit and Well, 13 Feb. 2023, https://www.fitandwell.com/news/boost-your-metabolism-and-build-a-stronger-body-with-this-six-move-workout