Get Fit with Britany Williams’ Full-Body Dumbbell Workout
If you’re looking for an efficient way to train and build your strength and fitness, full-body workouts are the way to go. This type of workout requires fewer days of exercise while still maintaining a high training frequency for each muscle. A great example of a full-body dumbbell workout is the session from Sweat app trainer Britany Williams. It consists of eight exercises that target every major muscle group and can be completed in 30 minutes.
The session starts with the dumbbells held at the sides and feet under the hips. Step one leg back into a long lunge position in line with the hips with the front quadricep parallel to the floor and chest upright, with a right angle at both knees. Push through the front heel back to standing and send the other leg back. To help with balance, focus your gaze on the floor, one metre in front of you.
Next, perform a front squat with 15 repetitions and then 6 repetitions with a front racked squat. Follow this with a clean and press, squat to high pull, and push-up to renegade row to engage the legs and glutes. Then, do alternating snatches to work the upper and lower body.
Finally, perform a front squat with 15 repetitions and then 6 repetitions with a front racked squat. Follow this with a clean and press, squat to high pull, and push-up to renegade row to engage the legs and glutes.
To increase the intensity of this session, try using a pair of adjustable dumbbells so you can progressively overload your muscles for maximum results. We also recommend pairing this workout with an upper-body strength session for an all-over body workout that takes less than an hour.
Finally, to warm up and help reduce the risk of injury, try these yoga stretches before the session. And, if you fancy taking on another dumbbell workout the next day, we recommend trying a dumbbell cardio session.
0. “It only takes eight moves, 30 minutes, and two dumbbells to develop muscle all over” msnNOW, 12 Feb. 2023, https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/fitness/it-only-takes-eight-moves-30-minutes-and-two-dumbbells-to-develop-muscle-all-over/ar-AA17o8DL?li=BBnba9O
1. “This 15-Minute Full-Body Dumbbell Workout Packs a Metabolic Punch” Men’s Health, 9 Feb. 2023, https://www.menshealth.com/uk/videos/a42798799/dumbbell-only-full-body-workout-15-minutes/
2. “8-Minute Heavy Dumbbell Workout To Sculpt Your Legs, From A Trainer” Women’s Health, 1 Feb. 2023, https://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/g42533036/8-minute-dumbbell-leg-workout/
3. “Upper Body Dumbbell Workout: 6 Exercises for a Strong Upper Half” Runner’s World, 11 Feb. 2023, https://www.runnersworld.com/training/a42804029/upper-body-dumbbell-workout
4. “Strengthen your core and boost your metabolism without equipment in less than 30 minutes — here’s how” Fit and Well, 11 Feb. 2023, https://www.fitandwell.com/news/strengthen-your-core-and-boost-your-metabolism-without-equipment-in-less-than-30-minutes-heres-how
5. “Boost your metabolism and strengthen your muscles with this five-move workout” Fit and Well, 15 Feb. 2023, https://www.fitandwell.com/news/boost-your-metabolism-and-strengthen-your-muscles-with-this-five-move-workout