Get Fit with This Full-Body Dumbbell Workout
For those wanting to stay in shape, weight training is a great way to build muscle, strength, endurance, and improve your overall body composition. Whether you’re at the gym or at home, dumbbells are the perfect tool to help you reach your goals. After all, you don’t need a gym membership or a lot of space to get a full-body workout.
Weight training is a proven way to boost your metabolism, lose weight, and even improve bone density and lower your body fat percentage. For this workout, you’ll need one of the best adjustable dumbbells, so you can manually adjust the weight depending on the exercise. Grab a medium resistance band and hit save on this workout to target your entire lower body in less than an hour.
To complete the workout, do each exercise for three sets of 8-12 repetitions, with 60-second rest periods between each set. Focus on form and quality reps, and work at your own pace to get the most out of your workout.
This workout features staple leg exercises, such as goblet squats and lateral lunges, as well as upper body moves like bent-over rows and chest presses. For balance, you’ll also be doing plank transfers and full-leg drops. If you find it difficult to fully extend either or both legs, maintain a slight bend in both legs. You can also perform these exercises without weight while holding the side of a wall for extra balance.
This full-body workout is a great way to build muscle, strength, and endurance. Plus, it’s a convenient workout for when you’re travelling or need something you can do from home. So, grab your set of adjustable dumbbells, a medium resistance band, and hit save on this workout for an effective full-body workout.
0. “How To Workout With a Single Dumbbell” Muscle & Fitness, 25 Jan. 2023, https://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/how-to-workout-with-a-single-dumbbell
1. “It only takes seven moves and two dumbbells to build stronger legs” Fit and Well, 22 Jan. 2023, https://www.fitandwell.com/news/it-only-takes-seven-moves-and-two-dumbbells-to-build-stronger-legs
2. “No gym — just a pair of dumbbells and 20-minutes is all you need to build muscle in this glute and leg workout” Tom’s Guide, 28 Jan. 2023, https://www.tomsguide.com/news/no-gym-just-a-pair-of-dumbbells-and-20-minutes-is-all-you-need-to-build-muscle-in-this-and-this-glute-and-leg-workout
3. “It only takes 15 minutes to develop your core with this equipment-free home workout” Fit and Well, 24 Jan. 2023, https://www.fitandwell.com/news/it-only-takes-15-minutes-to-tone-your-abs-and-obliques-with-this-equipment-free-home-workout
4. “How to use a single dumbbell for a total-body workout – Local News 8” LocalNews8.com, 27 Jan. 2023, https://localnews8.com/news/2023/01/27/how-to-use-a-single-dumbbell-for-a-total-body-workout/
5. “This 10-minute bodyweight workout builds strength without equipment” Tom’s Guide, 26 Jan. 2023, https://www.tomsguide.com/news/this-10-minute-bodyweight-workout-builds-strength-without-equipment